Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Old Man Punishment?

5/18/2015 Terra 0 Comments Category :



As a child, I got into fights, accidents, and into troubles many times. For this, my parents would start yelling at me and tell me what I did was wrong. Sometimes they would even ground me from watching TV or using my tablet. Thankfully, I am not get grounded today. 

Recently while skimming through my YouTube subscription list, I saw that Buzzfeed a website with crazy and funny articles. I spent some time on the web page, though what surprised me the most was this articles about a child who got his head shaved like an old man. If you would like to read the article, it is right here.

      For the parent who did this, he said that this was a form of punishment to his child and he even gave the haircut a name, the "Benjamin Button Special." This is where they shave the kid's head to look like an old man. Though this is pretty smart and a very creative way of punishment. I don't really see how this is a punishment at all? All the parent did was just giving him a haircut? 

Yes, he does look like an old man but he probably doesn't act like one? How is this supposed to teach that child whatever he did was wrong? It can be very embarrassing for the child to go around looking like that until his hair grows back. Also, posting it on the internet for millions to see must have made it worst. 

Yet, a video made by the same company, Buzzfeed, shows four of their own workers dyeing their hair grey. They did this to show off the new "granny hair" trend that has been going around. Many celebrities have done this, Pink for example dye her hair grey in 2010. If you would like to watch the video it is right here.

Photo of one of the volunteers results
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgrwCOxjx-Q)
 By watching this video and the way the volunteers reacted to their new looks, I just don't understand how this could be a form of punishment at all? Many of the volunteers liked their new hair colour in the video.  


The article that talks about this says "He was inspired to offer the special after he saw immediate results when he tried it out on his 12-year-old son, Rushawn, for getting bad grades". (Buzzfeed) So this was only done to get his son to study more? To get better grades? To me this doesn't seem like the best idea to get your kid to study more? If I were that child's mother and I saw that my child got a bad grade on his test.

 I would try to help him study what he didn't understand, because usually when you got a bad mark on a test or assignment, you did something wrong that you didn't realized that you did. Yet, I can't say this because I don't have any children of my own. Plus many parents have their own crazy ways to discipline their children. Yet, in my opinion to get your child to do better in school, cutting their hair to look like an old man isn't the best way to punish them. Maybe helping them with that certain subject would be best if you want them to truly understand and get a good grade.


RELATED POSTS

0 comments